"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." — Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reunion Night

Great set at Simon's last night. Just the right amount of people, and jivers too. Really just the way I first encountered it and will always remember it. The band was on a roll, perhaps a whiskey-infused roll, but still, they were rockin' past 11. And since the 29th is a special fifth Wednesday show, at least I won't feel bad if Nik and I don't make it up to the Electric Forest that night. She would dig it.

(Excuse the poor shaky video, but this is a good sound representation, from summer 2009)




Finally getting to hear some good live/local music reminded me of other Chicago bands I should try to see in the next few weeks. Luckily, JT & the Clouds have several shows lined up. Definitely will have to make one of these:

Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Evanston Starlight Concert Series @ Bent Park, Central St.

Friday, July 22, 2011
JT and the Clouds w/ Akasha! @ Hideout

And yes, I did go to kickboxing. Compliments to my new kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment