"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." — Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

Friday, July 8, 2011

Home

I feel like I just landed. Back in reality. But it's not so bad. I've managed so far to keep the spirit of the Electric Forest with me, at least the calm and the positivity.

After leaving the festival, I made an extended return to Chicago via Holland and Saugutuck in Michigan and then a quick-trip down to St. Louis with Nik. I actually have still not been back in my apartment since a week ago Wednesday. I'm excited. It will be nice to walk into the comfort of my own little home, the one I really made for myself, and think about all these recent adventures. I will be sure to put more about them down here in writing lest anything be forgotten.

For now, despite the shaky video, this is the best representation I can find of what has stuck with me, and below are some new musical discoveries to check out.


(Three Little Birds, Stephen Marley, 6/3/11)

New (to me) music:
Lettuce www.myspace.com/lettucefunk
Beats Antique www.myspace.com/beatsantique
Railroad Earth www.myspace.com/railroadearth

No comments:

Post a Comment