"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." — Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

Monday, October 17, 2011

World Series

We made it!

Redbirds' Road to October is complete, and now they're on their way to the World Series since, well, since the first time I really cared. Unbelievable. That is all. I'm so happy. Terribly homesick. But so happy.

Would post a pic of the NLCS/Pennant win, but my favorite image was still the pre-edited shot of Molina (fav player) racing toward Motte (fav reliever) and lifting him in the air, about two seconds before they were bombarded by the rest of the team and sprayed with Budweiser. And Pujols got his homer. (Just sign him already!) And Freese, the STL native, got his MVP. (Albert is great, but Freese really carried this team through the post-season, and I think he really deserved it.)

Oh, and I just spent money I don't have on this:

But thanks to Amazon Prime, it will be here by first W.S. game on Wednesday.
OK, back to real life. But Go Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment