"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." — Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

Monday, July 18, 2011

Waxing and Waning

The other night I was standing outside with some friends commenting on the fullness of the moon. It seems that day I peeked, and haven't quite gotten my groove back since. I hate this waxing and waning, falling in and out of positive thoughts and motivation. Let's not discuss what I did do this weekend, how much time I spend hiding in my apartment, or even worse, unable to drag myself out of bed and face the world that is ready and waiting with open arms if only I could get up the strength and courage to run out into it.
















I did haphazardly run into a few happy moments this weekend, a lemonade stand on Granville, a bike race in Evanston on Sunday, catching the full moon, finding my favorite grocer at the little foreign foods store today. And I did manage to scrape together some (not-nice-enough-to-really-say-what-I-really-wish-I-could) gifts for my little going away party tomorrow.

In other news, this week will be busy, so hopefully I will at least wake up tomorrow ready for it. On the agenda:

Tuesday: $2 pints at AliveOne (and hopefully a good DJ)
Wednesday: Kickboxing and my last night of the Western Elstons at Simon's
(if adventure strikes us, this trip might be followed by my first venture to the mysterious Mid)
Thursday: Wait Wait! Don't Tell Me
Friday: JT & The Clouds at the Hideout
Saturday: Wicker Park Fest and Lynx after-party

If I'm lucky I'll get to squeeze another baseball game in there, too. I guess I should stop complaining and start having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment