"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." — Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Llapingachos

Last night was pretty perferct. I managed to make peanut butter cookies (about 6 or 7 dozen, with bare-bone supplies from 7/11, including a bag of M&Ms instead of chocolate chips) late on Wednesday night, so I had plenty to bring for work and also for the llapingacho dinner party slash co-op reunion last night. Obviously, the highlight of that event, next to the unbelievably amazing food we cooked, was getting to see some very close, very old friends, probably for the last time for a while.

If you don't know what a llapingacho is, apparently you can look up how to make them on YouTube. But seeing as my old Ecuadoran housemate was bashing on these, they might not be truly authentic. (Last night, we even had Ecuadoran hot sauce to top!)

Riding the Metra down and back was nice. Showed up with that "holiday five-pack" (I just learned this term) after popping one, somewhat warm, but still delicious Stone Pale Ale on the way down. But the cookies were a hit, yesterday and today. People love M&Ms apparently.

This is a lot of rambling to distract myself from the fact that in three hours, I will officially end my job. Crazy. But I guess I should go finish some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment